Make 5 gallons of your own with this Torpedo IPA homebrew recipe.
Two-row Pale | 93% | 13.25 lbs.
Caramel (C60) | 7% | 1.0 lbs.
Whole Cone Hops (to the kettle)
Magnum | 1 oz. 70 min
Magnum | 1 oz. 10 min
Magnum | 1 oz. 0 min (flame out)
Crystal | 1 oz. 0 min (flame out)
Dry Hops (to the fermenter)
Crystal | 1 oz.
Magnum | 0.5 oz.
Citra | 0.5 oz.
- Crack open a Torpedo!
- Mash grains at 155 °F for 90 minutes.
- Raise mash temperature to 170 °F, hold for 5 minutes, then recirculate.
- Run off wort and sparge with water hot enough to keep the grain bed around 172 °F.
- Boil time is 70 minutes. Follow hopping schedule above.
- Cool wort to 68 °F and pitch with California ale yeast, AKA Chico ale yeast.
- After primary fermentation (1-2 days) add dry hop schedule to a Randall or directly to the fermenter.
- Open another Torpedo, and wait until ending gravity is 3.7 °Plato.
- Bottle or keg.
This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate.