At Sierra Nevada, we care about the health and safety of our guests, our community, and our employees.
Read below to learn more about our efforts to keep you safe during your visit.
Employee Safety Precautions
- Employees who have presented COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted to return to work until they’ve tested negative for COVID-19 and/or have been released by a registered physician.
- Daily mandatory self-health screenings prior to beginning working.
- Onsite clinic accessible to all employees with rapid testing capabilities.
- Daily close contact tracking and social distancing attestations.
- Emergency Sick Pay Leave for all employees impacted by COVID-19 related issues.
- Compensation for time lost if vaccination appointment occurs during scheduled work hours.
- All employees must carry proper Personal Protection Equipment with them at all times.
- Mandatory Safety Trainings related to COVID-19 mitigation practices.
- Socially distanced stations and workspaces.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings at all times unless in their own personal office or outside where social distancing can be maintained.
- Capacity restrictions in shared employee spaces.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces and common areas.
- Plexi-glass barriers installed in all areas where employees cannot easily remove themselves from proximity of the guests.
- Sierra Nevada provides frequent updates with COVID-19 guidelines, restrictions, vaccination information, and mitigation practices.
Guest Safety Precautions
- Sierra Nevada has the right to refuse entry or service to any person or group not willing to comply with all of Sierra Nevada’s COVID Safety Protocols.
- Sierra Nevada will strictly adhere to all NC/CA State and local guidelines, and will, in most cases, have a stricter policy than that of the recommended guidelines.
- During the re-opening and for a limited time afterwards, our Chico and Mills River dining rooms will be 100% reservations only.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch and common areas including, but not limited to, the host stand, restrooms, doors and door handles, payment devices and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer readily available at both entry and exit ways.
- Masks are required for all guests upon entering the building and while walking around indoors.
- Indoor dining capacities decreased to 50%.
- Tables and chairs are thoroughly disinfected in between each use.
- Digital menus available to decrease the use of single-use paper menus.
- Dining at the bar is available, but must be booked through our reservation system.
- Increased cocktail-style service where applicable to decrease formation of lines.
- While waiting in lines, guests are required to follow CDC recommendations of 6-ft social distancing and adhere to marked waiting areas.
- Touchless payment options are available for guests.
- No-touch/No-hands door openers have been installed on most doors.
- Single use items are in place as much as possible.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. By visiting Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. To learn more about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.