Do Xmas 2019 right with sierranevada Celebration IPA stuffed turkey breast!
Notes: We infused our holiday stuffing with the fresh-hopped tastiness of Sierra Nevada’s Celebration IPA, then rolled it into a stuffed turkey breast. Holiday dinner + IPA = delicious.
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 apple, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
4 cups bread, torn in to bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup Celebration IPA
1 boneless turkey breast, about 2 lbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Leave torn bread pieces out overnight or bake for 20 mins at 200° F.
2) Heat oven to 350° F. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, cooking until onions slightly browned, 10 mins. Add apple, sage, rosemary, parsley, thyme. Cook for 5 mins. Remove from heat.
3) In large mixing bowl, combine onion mixture w/ bread, cranberries, beer. Season w/ 1 tsp salt & about 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Mix well + spread out on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 mins until bread is golden brown. Let cool.
4) Heat oven to 400° F. Butterfly turkey breast, place skin-side down & pound to 1/2-in thickness. Season w/ salt, pepper & drizzle w/ olive oil. Spread stuffing on top & carefully roll turkey around stuffing. Wrap kitchen twine around turkey breast & tie tightly.
5) Place turkey in roasting pan, drizzle w/ olive oil & season w/ salt, pepper. Roast for 20 mins, lower heat to 325° F & roast for 10-15 more mins until internal temperature of breast reads 155° F on meat thermometer.
6) Remove from heat & let rest for at least 10 mins. Slice & serve w/ gravy.
#beerandfoodpairing #beerfoodpairing #beerpairings #stuffedturkey #celebrationipa #cookingwithbeer #foodandbeer #beerandfood #beerfood #beerpairing #beerofinstagram #chefdad #sierranevadabrewing #freshhop #freshhops #christmasbeer #christmasrecipes #christmasrecipe #beerdrinker #morebeer #beersofinstagram #homecookedmeals #realmencook #ilovetocook #holidayfood #foodporn #lovebeer #gravy ...